Eighth Congress of European Research in Mathematics Education (CERME 8)
Message of the President
Dear members of the ERME community,
the Antalya meeting is approaching and during its General Assembly we will take important decisions:
- the election of the new president;
- the possible change of the Bye-Laws in order to make it possible the election of representatives of young ERME researchers in the ERME EC;
- the election of new members in the ERME EC, in substitution of those who finish their term or resign.
We need your active participation in these processes; in particular we need that people who wish to work for ERME submit their candidatures for the election in the new ERME EC.
- According to the Bye-Laws, we will elect one
representative of UK-IRELAND, one of the Nordic Countries; and
two more members as non-regional representatives. At the moment
we have only two candidates (from Northern countries): PLEASE
submit your candidature for the EC! The new deadline is
18.01.2013. You find the form for the nominations in the
website. The applications must be sent to the Secretary of
ERME (email@example.com) not later than Jan 18.
- There will be also two positions for young researchers in the ERME EC, provided the change in the Bye Laws is voted by the General Meeting in Antalya. Young researchers can apply for them using the form for Nominations for ERME Board Members (you find them in the ERME Website, indicating that you apply for young researcher position. Send them to the Secretary of ERME (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline is 18.1.2013.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me (email@example.com) or the Secretary of ERME.
I look forward to seeing you in CERME 8.
Invitation to Participate CERME 8
On behalf of the Organizing Committees and the ERME Board it is our pleasure to invite you to attend the Eighth Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education which will be held at Starlight Convention Center, Thalasso & Spa Hotel in Manavgat-Side, Antalya, Turkey from 6th to 10th February, 2013.
The Antalya Region, offering all the mysticism of the past in our day, is now called the "Turkish Riviera" due to its archaeological and natural beauties. Antalya is the place where sea, sun, history and nature constitute a perfect harmony. The city still preserves its importance as wonderful natural beauty and as a centre throughout history on the south coast of Turkey, which is the most beautiful and clearest coast along the Mediterranean.
We look forward to promoting the development of mathematics education through intellectual communication and cooperation through attending thematic working groups, plenaries, poster sessions, and so forth.
Welcome to Antalya!
Prof. Dr. Behiye Ubuz